- Who controls your personal information?
- What kinds of information do we collect from you?
The amount and type of information we gather depends upon your use of the Website and, in some cases, what type of information you choose to disclose. We may collect the following information from you:
- Information Provided by You to BidFilter
When you sign up for a BidFilter account, or in order for you to use certain aspects of the service, you may be asked to provide BidFilter certain personal information about yourself. This may include your e-mail address, business name, your website URL(s), or other information.
- Information About Your Device and Internet Connection
When you use the Website, or Customer Websites, we may automatically gather information made available by your web browser (such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome), Internet service provider (such as Comcast or Cox), and device (such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet), depending on your settings for each. For example, we may collect information about the operating system or type of device you use, or the location of your device. For security purposes, we may collect information such as your IP address. When not required for security purposes, we anonymize your IP address in our logs.
- Information About Advertisements
To improve your experience on Customer Websites, BidFilter works to identify and block unwanted advertisements. For example, BidFilter may identify and block ads that maliciously redirect your web browser, play unwanted audio, or have other undesired functionality. When you visit Customer Websites, advertisements may be sent to your web browser. We may collect data related to those advertisements in order to improve our ability to detect and block unwanted advertisements in the future.
- Payment Information
All payments are processed by third-party vendors, such as Stripe. If you make any payment to BidFilter, we may send to these third-party vendors information related to the financial transaction, such as your credit or debit card information and billing address. BidFilter does not store or otherwise retain any credit or debit card information.
- For Verification
- For Identifying Unwanted Advertisements
- For Security
You can learn more about how to delete or control Cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
- How do we use your information?
We may use the information we've gathered from you, including through Cookies, for the following purposes:
- To Improve and Secure the Website
BidFilter uses the information we collect from you and other visitors to provide, improve and secure the Website and related services.
- To Customize Your Website Experience
- To Communicate with You
When you register with the Website, you may consent to receive periodic email communications from BidFilter, including promotional emails for new products and services, promotions, and other offers. BidFilter uses the email address you provide to send these communications to you. You can unsubscribe from promotional emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that is conveniently located at the bottom of each email, but we will still send you any necessary, non-promotional emails about your account or updates to our policies and terms. We also use your contact information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Who do we share your information with?
BidFilter takes user privacy extremely seriously. We use your information strictly to provide our services. We do not sell or license your information to third-parties, but we may use certain third-party vendors to process information.
- Information Shared with Related Companies
In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy, BidFilter reserves the right to transfer all user information to a successor company. BidFilter will provide notice to you by email in such an event.
- Customer Websites
We may share data related to unwanted advertisements viewed by you on Customer Websites for the purpose of blocking the unwanted advertisements.
- Information Shared with Third-Party Partners
- Data and Website security providers, such as Cloudflare
- Payment processors, accounting services, and shopping cart providers, such as Stripe;
- Email delivery providers;
- Providers you have explicitly authorized us to share information with;
- Service providers that may allow us to update and enhance our services.
- Information Shared to Comply with the Law and Legal Process
BidFilter may disclose your information when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order, or when BidFilter, in its sole discretion, believes that disclosure is necessary to report, address or prevent fraud or other illegal activity or misconduct, or to protect the property or rights of BidFilter, third-parties or the public at large.
- How do we secure your information?
BidFilter has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your information. Among other things, we:
- Host our servers with in secure data center facilities;
- Use the services of Cloudflare to block DDoS attacks, bots, malicious traffic, and secure our systems with HTTPS/SSL;
- Store passwords in a secure format, not plain text;
- Use firewalls and a secure VPN to provide further security to our systems; and
- Maintain a thorough Cyber Security Response Plan.
- How can you manage information we've collected from you?
You can manage the information you share by logging into your BidFilter account.
- How do we protect the privacy of children?
- Do we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals?
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked. BidFilter does not currently respond to DNT requests.
- What about third-party websites?
- How can you contact us?